If i were supervising a lesson
Based on the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership Standards:
This is an abbrieviated list of what I would look for in your lesson. Nothing new. Just a simple summary from www.aitsl.edu.au/
- Relevant lesson – syllabus?
- Knowledge of content ?
- Terminology and linguistic structures ?
- Sequence of events (clear and consistent) ?
- Teaching resources? Suitable?
- Tasks modeled / scaffolded?
- Goals: challenging? Realistic? Achievable? – and Well articulated to students
- Instructions clear?
- Effective Explanations?
- Effective Questioning?
- Verbal and non-verbal communication strategies ?
- Student engagement? (Did you?)
- Teacher looking for and monitoring visible learning?
- Student Rapport: established?
- Activities well planned, organised?
- Clear directions?
- Class room respect and attitude
- Caring attitude to teaching and learning?