THE CLASS TASK:
Download the Class Worksheet
In Groups of 3, use the MadPad app to collect 12 environmental sounds and then turn them into a DUBSTEP DRUM BEAT
· Set the iPad to AIRPLANE mode
· Open the MADPAD APP.
· Press CREATE NEW SETS
· When the app asks to try the voice/sound trigger, move the slider to half way and then press TRY THIS (This sets your automatic voice activated pads)
COLLECT SOUNDS IN THE PLAYGROUND WITH YOUR TEACHER
· Record 12 ‘Video Sounds’
· The Video is just as important as the sound so make sure your partner records the point of impact.
· Collect a few sounds that are typically ‘Our High School’ – this is best done by having some of our school Landmarks or objects in the Videos.
· Do not film student faces.
· DRUM BEAT: Try and create a BOOM (Bass drum), a CHA (Snare Drum), a TSCH (Hi Hat) and a CRASH (Crash Cymbal) in the bottom row so that you have a type of drum kit in one place.
· Mainly create ONE SHOTS as opposed to RHYTHMS. You can always turn the ONE SHOTS into rhythms later in the final recording mix down.
CREATION IN THE CLASSROOM
· Plug the iPad into the Casio Audio input using an iPod lead
· Plug the Duel Headphone adaptor into the Keyboard HEADPHONE Socket
· Turn the Keyboard ON.
· Practise creating a DUBSTEP DRUM BEAT
· Record Your Remix
· Take your iPad to the iMac and the teacher will use the IMAGE CAPTURE program inbuilt into OSX to download the .mov file and upload straight onto the school Youtube Account.
· Sit back and watch and enjoy everyone else’s videos